Monday, March 15, 2010

"MMMM That Smells Gooood! :):)"

I make the same basic piece of crap breakfast every morning at work and today was no different. I was tired as hell (Watched The Hurt Locker with Manski last night and it just wouldn't end) and going through the motions of making my breakfast that consists of two pieces of bread, a slab of cheese and the cheapest kind of meat that I bought at Honest fucking Ed's. Every morning I slap it together, douse it in mustard to mask the smoked "flavour" promised by the meat's packaging and put it in a toaster oven. I'm not a picky eater and I happen to enjoy my mustard sandwich but it doesn't smell that good. Especially today, when I left the sandwich in the oven for too long and burned it to shit. But after 3 overly joyous soccer moms came in and out of the kitchen commenting on how delicious something smells, I had to check it out for myself. I glanced around and took a whiff..nope, still smells like burnt toast + mustard. Are these ladies humouring me? Or do they feel compelled to say "MMMmmm that smells goooood", while peeking over my shoulder with a stupid smile on their face because they think it's somehow different from the usual conversations by the water cooler? What do I say to that? I said "...Thanks" when I actually wanted to say "Wow, really? I hope you make better shit for your kids...you stupid lady"

No comments:

Post a Comment